The 1st Annual Conexx Golf Tournament “Clean on the Greens,” highlighting Israel’s Green Technology Industry was held on Monday, November 3rd. In partnership with presenting sponsor Toyota, the tournament highlighted the green technology industry in recognition of the efforts that companies like Toyota are making to be environmentally responsible and in honor of Israel recently being recognized as the world leader in clean technology innovation.
“Through my relationship with Conexx, I’ve come to appreciate how it’s a win/win/win organization – for Israel, for the local economy, and for its members. I also have come to realize how much more Conexx could do with just a few more resources. That’s why I volunteered to chair the first annual Conexx golf tournament and why I got my good friends at Toyota to come on board as our presenting sponsor,” said tournament Chair Jan Williams.
In an article titled How this Small Town Black Kid Grew Up to Start a Golf Tournament in Support of American-Israeli Connections that appeared in our media sponsor The Atlanta Jewish Times, Jan Williams spoke about how his mentor Mr. “Purk” Reinhart, growing up North Carolina, influenced his life and that of his family. It was only later that Jan came to understand that Mr. Reinhart was Jewish and how much Judaism guided his mentorship of Jan including teaching him to play golf.
Eighteen foursomes played the challenging Standard Club course in Johns Creek. The tournament offered participants a unique opportunity to network with the people and organizations committed to the development of clean technologies and expanding the use of reusable and efficient clean energy technology as part of their corporate culture.
The winning teams were:
- Gross Winners: The Aldridge Wealth Management Group of Wells Fargo Advisors team of
- Douglas Aldridge, Ryan Ziegler, Scott Madden and Trey Kilpatrick
- Net Winners: The Red Wizard Group team of Garrett Van de Grift, Russ Breier, Mike Elmore and Bob Crean
Conexx is recognized in Southeast as one of the leading economic development agencies serving the area, utilizing the strength of its large and well connected membership.
A special thank you to all our sponsors, committee and volunteers:
- Presenting Sponsor Toyota USA
- Corporate Sponsor The Mitzner Foundation
- Hole Sponsors: AXA Advisors, Michael & Lillie Axelrod, Belfor, Berman, Fink & Van Horn,
- Halpern Industries, Instru-Med, Mark Kaufman, Reporter Newspapers, Pull-A-Part, The Aldridge
- Wealth Management Group of Wells Fargo Advisors and Williams, Benator & Libby
- Cart Sponsors: Healarium and TrustNet
- Media Sponsor: Atlanta Jewish Times
- Committee: Eric Gabbai, Charlie Harrison, Darrie Schlesinger, Andre Schnabl,
- Volunteers: Sheila Dalmat, Richard Freiberg, Matthew Hunt, Sherry Satterwhite, Adam Shapiro,
- Lawrence Tobin and David Topper
Thank you to all of our players and the staff of The Standard Club (Scott Curiel, Jarod Sobelson, Diane Toth and Jason Puerto) who made this such a successful event.
All net proceeds will help to support Conexx and its sister agency, the American Israel Educational Institute, in their mission to connect Americans and Israelis through the vehicle of business.
Since its founding in 1992, the organization has helped to generate well over a billion and a half dollars in collaborative American-Israeli business development initiatives.