NCR / Retalix won the Deal of the Year award, while Delek took home the Israeli Company of the Year award May 30th at the American-Israel Chamber of Commerce, Southeast Region’s (AICC) 12th annual Eagle Star Awards Gala.
The Eagle Star Gala is AICC’s community flagship event, honoring the people and companies who have contributed most to the Southeast-Israel business relationship. In addition to awarding the Israeli Company of the Year and Deal of the Year, the Chamber also recognized long-time AICC President Tom Glaser with the Chamber Founders Award and the South Carolina Research Authority (SCRA) with the Community Partner Award.
Deal of the Year – NCR / Retalix:
- NCR, based in Duluth, Georgia, acquired Ra’anana, Israel-based Retalix, a global tech provider of innovative retail software and services.
- NCR’s software, hardware, and comprehensive support services address the needs of retail, financial, travel, hospitality, and telecom & technology organizations in more than 100 countries.
- Retalix’s integrated software and services for high complexity, fast moving consumer goods, retailers, and distributors are deployed in over 70,000 retail locations with more than 400,000 customer touch points in over 50 countries that transact billions of dollars in annual sales across its platform.
- The acquisition was valued at $650 million.
Israeli Company of the Year – Delek:
- Delek, a Netanya, Israel-based holding company, operates its Delek US Holding Inc. headquarters from Brentwood, Tennessee as a diversified energy business with refineries, crude oil pipelines, light products, loading facilities, retail fuel, and convenience stores in Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Tennessee, and Virginia, employing over 4,000 people.
- Delek Group is one of the most prominent and dynamic conglomerates in Israel and abroad. In addition to their core business of fuel supply, they have diversified into energy exploration and delivery, biochemicals, media, real estate, motor vehicles and automotive imports, and financial services.
- Delek US is an integrated downstream energy company with operations in three primary business segments: petroleum refining marketing & supply, and convenience store retailing.
Yishai Amir, VP, delivered the host keynote address on behalf of Hewlett-Packard (HP), considered the second largest investor in Israeli information technology. Israel is one of the few countries where HP has a massive presence with almost 6,000 employees, and Alpharetta, Georgia is the Americas headquarters for their products developed in Israel under the Indigo and Scitex Vision brands.
Other Deal of the Year Finalists
- EndoChoice, based in Alpharetta, Georgia, merged with Peer Medical Ltd., a privately held Israeli company. The combined company now operates under the EndoChoice name and is headquarterd in Georgia with its R&D center based in Tel Aviv. Peer Medical has developed a proprietary video system and Full Spectrum Endoscope™ that greatly expands the field of view during endoscopy and colonoscopy, helping gastroenterologists detect more cancerous polyps and abnormal lesions.
- SintecMedia, a Jerusalem-based broadcast management software provider, has acquired Atlanta-based Argo Systems, a leading provider of business solutions to the cable network and operators industry. The deal brings together SintecMedia’s powerful OnAir® scalable, all-in-one broadcast management solution for media companies and its line of related products with Argo Systems’ unparalleled management solutions exclusively designed for Pay TV channels and multichannel video distributors. SintecMedia has a staff of over 300 employees.
Other Israeli Company of the Year Finalists
- ARKAL Automotive operates a 32,000 square foot facility in Auburn Technology Park West in Auburn, Alabama. This is the first U.S. manufacturing operation for the Lower Galilee-based company where ARKAL produces durable, life-long plastic parts by utilizing advanced thermoplastic technologies and the latest developments in high-quality materials. In the first phase of this project, ARKAL has invested approximately $7.2 million and created 25 jobs.
- ClickDimensions, an Atlanta-Israeli software startup, is now the top-rated Microsoft-certified marketing automation solution for Microsoft Dynamics CRM. The company has grown to 40 employees with most of them at its Dunwoody headquarters, four in sales at an office in Fargo, N.D., and 12 in development and support in Tel Aviv. More than half of ClickDimensions’ clients are outside the US, mainly in the UK, Australia, New Zealand, the Netherlands and Scandinavia.
The event website, http://2013.eaglestargala.com/ featured all the event details. Sponsors were Deutsche Bank, The Coca-Cola Company, and The InterTech Group (Gold Sponsors); Atlanta Jewish Times, GlobalAtlanta and AM1690 / Newstalk 1160 (Media Sponsors); Smith Gambrell & Russell (Silver Sponsor); Verint Systems, BDO, Consulate General of Israel, Given Imaging, Israel Economic Mission to the US South, Habif Arogeti & Wynne, Fish & Richardson, Grant Thornton, and Jones Day (Bronze Sponsors); Pull-A-Part , Le Meridien Perimeter, Cresa, Nelson Mullins, McGriff Seibels & Williams, AXA Advisors, Berman Fink Van Horn, SRI Travel, Arris, T.I.B.A., Sutherland, and City of Auburn, AL (Patron Sponsors).